Add dive site Basic in 10 minutes
Difference between Basic and PRO setup
– Quick dive site setup and activation
– Dive site can be updated later on with all PRO features
– Very little or no search results in Google.com
– Search position within ScubaDiveMaps platform is lower, probably on the bottom of the page or at the last page
– Improved search results within Google.com (about 100X more search results compared to basic setup)
– Higher search position within ScubaDiveMaps platform
– Quality of presentation on ScubaDiveMaps platform improved(image and video gallery, marine life found, best time to visit …)
– Much more time needed to set up everything
– High resolution images needed (min size 1500 X 1000 px, landscape orientation)
Basic vs. PRO dive site presentation
Dive sites where your guests make most dives should be presented with all features (PRO setup)
If your dive center/liveaboard has a lot of dive sites on your repertory, dive sites which are not so often visited or not so interested, can be presented with basic features only.
Time you need:
Basic: you will probably spent 15 minutes for the first dive site (to get familiar with user interface) and 5 – 10 minutes for each subsequent.
PRO: you will probably spent 45 minutes for the first dive site and 20 – 30 minutes for each subsequent.
Within your presentation page, dive site sorting is based on the information quality posted; so dive sites with image gallery or marine life selection will be posted higher us dive sites without those information.
The same applies to the search results within scubadivemaps booking search engine; dive operators presented with great dive sites will be listed on first pages or at the top.
Before staring publishing dive sites you should make some preparations us follows:
1. Make a list (dive site names) of all dive sites you offer to divers
2. For each dive site you publish following information’s are requested:
– dive depth (from, to)
– level of difficulty (snorkelers, beginner divers, experienced divers)
– one representative image minimum size 480 px X 320 px
– description text
– GPS location (not in numbers, you move RED pointer on Google maps to the right position)
Note: if all those information’s are already presented within your existing website, you do not need any preparations; use copy/paste
– prepare images for each dive site image gallery (landscape orientation, minimum resolution 1500 X 1000px)
– prepare dive site description text translated in different languages
2. Login to Account Dashboard
You have problems with that?
Help – Login to Account Dashboard
3. Start to add new Dive Site
You will get to the Dashboard page. On this page you can manage all your bookings, view all posts within Quick Links tab and view recommendations to improve your presentation. Everything you need is here!
There are 3 different ways to add new dive site, all marked with RED dot.
4. Dive site Edit page
Now you are redirected to dive site edit page. Within this page you will find all setting to properly promote your dive site.
4.1 Dive site basic info’s
Follow RED dot markers and numbers:
– 1. Add dive site name
– 2. Select dive site association
– 3. Type in Deep from
– 4. Type in Deep to
– 5. Select Level of difficulty
– 6. Browse and select image file
– 7. on Google maps click the Satellite button
– 8. Move RED pointer to the exact location. Use +/- buttons to zoom in/out
– 9. Click the Save button
Now you will be asked to select dive zone.
Select dive zone from the pull-down menu and click the Save and continue to Dive Site Description button.
If, when you press SAVE button some main data are missing, you will get those section colored with light red color
Image is wrong size
Representative image for dive site should have minimal dimensions 480px wide and 320px high. If image does not have those minimum requirements error will be generated. You should delete this image by hovering with mouse over the image and clicking on X letter – marked with RED dot.
4.2 Dive site description
Type in or copy/paste dive site description, select dive type and click the Save button
Select dive type.
PRO setup: add info about visibility, current, boat drive duration, best time to visit
4.3 Dive site images – gallery
PRO setup: upload images for dive site gallery
4.4 Marine life
PRO setup: select marine life
4.5 Dive site videos
PRO setup: search YouTube and add share links
4.6 Tag images
PRO setup: tag images
4.7 Multi language support
PRO setup: copy/paste text translated in different languages
4.8 Edit/Publish/Activate dive site
When you select checkbox (marked with RED dot) and click the Save button, dive site becomes active and published!