ScubaDiveMaps.com is booking portal for divers. It differs from existing booking portals, because it is designed from scratch on, build by a team, which members are passionate divers by themselves.
ScubaDiveMaps.com booking application
- ScubaDivemaps.com supports dive clubs / Live-aboards / Hotels with scuba-dive facilities with their individual and specific booking package options.
- ScubaDiveMaps.com is based on dive sites, thus giving divers info’s about each individual dive site (dive depth, currents, exact GPS location, dive type, level of difficulty, marine life found there … ). None of the existing booking portals on the market today, do not offer those extensive descriptions, which we thing are most important while divers choosing their dive destinations.
- ScubaDiveMaps.com support variety of dive packages: accommodation only, Sleep&Dive, Dive only, Dive Courses, Equipment rental. It is non divers/snorkeler and children friendly – thus supporting discounts for non divers and children.
ScubaDiveMaps.com is Start-up company
We are new company, started January 2019. Currently only booking application finished – now we are in the process of building up company structure. We are already internationally active, we have customers all over the world. Currently we do not have any employees and we do not have own funds. Our head office is in Ljubljana/Slovenia/Europe, where our software development team is based, but we can move head office to the location, most appropriate to build up company structure.
Job description / Responsibilities
As the Managing Director it is your main job to scale the company from 0 US$ revenue in January 2019 towards 1MM US$ revenue in 2023, and to 100MM US$ revenue in 2027.
You have to manage cash-flow, refine company’s product vision, you are responsible for team building (put the right people in the right places), building and maintaining a strong brand, implement specific projects to increase traffic and conversions, and keeping oversight on commercial results.
Based on your cash-flow management (you start with 0 US$), you have to set up management team (Marketing Director, Finance Director, Reservations Director, Commercial Director) and build up regional representatives on all major dive regions.
You have to build an affiliates network and build relationships with key players in scuba-dive industry.
ScubaDiveMaps.com should become under your leadership No. 1 website, when divers start searching for their next dive destination till end of 2018.
Functions of a Managing Director
- Assigned to lead and promote the welfare of the company and motivates employees for better operation
- Plans for the future of the company, provides better opportunities for the employees
- Provides recommendation, develops and implements plans, overseer of the company operation
- Gives direction to its subordinates of what needs to be done and how to do it
- Provides updated information about its annual objectives and goal, and presents it to the board and has it approved
- Assigned to develop new business ideas, how to have potential customers, how to increase the organizations profit
- Must keep and develop business relationship with new and old customers
- Supervises promotional strategy
- Able to manage financial budget approved by the board
- Able to manage the workforce of the company (its human resources), delegate task
- Must be able to maintain good relation with employees and stays in contact with them and keep them satisfied with their work
- Responsible for hiring and developing employees
- Making sure customers of ScubaDiveMaps.com are the most happy customers online
- Lastly, provides information about the overall performance of the company to its board of directors
- Bachelor or equivalent education, ideally in related field of Tourism, Business Administration or Economics
- Over 5 years relevant experience, ideally in in the travel agency/e-commerce operations
- A minimum of 3 years management experience
- Experience in setting up startup companies
- Experience with E-commerce project management and implementation
- Experience with customer service and sales
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Experience in supervising at least 15 employees
- Affinity with travel, diving or cruises industry
- You speak fluently English
- You can choose the location of the main office, most appropriate to you or company
- Performance based salary
- Bonus of 100.000US$ if 2019 goals are achieved, and bonus of 10MM if 2023 goals are achieved
- You have backup of a young software developer team based in Slovenia, supporting all your ideas and projects
- Our focus is long term and on business sustainability
- Set-up a selection of our partners (best Dive clubs / Live-aboards / Hotels with scuba-dive facilities) in your region
- Technical and marketing assistance to our partners while setting up their account
- Liaising with our partners while preparing dive packages / discounts and special promotions
- Working in cooperation with management director while implementing specific projects
- Improving relationships with our partners and increase mutual benefits
- Education, ideally in field of tourism
- Must have experience dealing with customer service / sale by phone and email
- Travel agency experience preferred
- Must be a passionate scuba diver, who already knows partners, he will represent in his region
- Must be able to work from home / suitable location with comfortable personal office setup
- You are sales driven
- Basics of Photoshop or similar image editing program knowledge is preferred
- Hobby underwater photographers are preferred
- English and region local language
- Attractive, performance based salary
- Work from home or office
- Work in young company, with potential to become No.1 website, when divers start searching for their next dive destination till end of 2018
Send us inquiry with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits / What do we offer
We are looking for representatives in all mayor dive regions like Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Maldives, Egypt, Caribbean islands … Because our company is new (started January 2019), nearly all positions are still open. We are currently in process of gathering inquiries and making selections. Job position should be in the begging part job occupation, with 1-3 month trial period, which could later develop in full time occupation.
Companies or individuals can require for job position.
Send us inquiry with CV or company profile to: email@example.com
“A picture is worth a thousand words”
Dive clubs / Live-boards / Hotels and Resorts with scuba-dive facilities need high quality photos and videos to represent themselves. We are looking for photographers, specialized for underwater photography.
Send us your inquiry with short bio, links to your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org